It is very important to ensure that the correct model of the declaration is selected to ensure that the correct type of control and data of the ASYCUDA World System is made available. Bills of Export are required for the following Models of Declaration:
- EX 1 Permanent Exportation
- EX 2 Temporary Export
- EX 3 Re-export
Exporting to the EU forms part of the EPA agreement (African, Caribbean and Pacific States) requires exporters to provide an EUR1 form.
Before completing an EUR1 certificate, exporters must confirm shipments meet the appropriate qualification rules (See Customs Notices 827 and 828). For low value consignments (up to £5700.00 (to be converted into Euros) agreed between the EU and ACP States) an invoice declaration may be used to replace the EUR1 Form. Note: The EUR1 Form is the master document and can be requested by your customer or EU Customs authorities for qualifying shipments regardless of value. EUR Forms and Customs Notices can be obtained free from the Customs Helpline on tel: 0845 0109000.
Information to be declared on the invoice includes:
- full details of all parties involved and final destination if this is different from the address shown;
- country of origin of the goods (very important);
- transport details;
- shipping term (the Incoterms® 2010 rule, eg FCA, CIP, DAP) used;
- method of payment; packing details including net and gross weights and the container number if full
- container shipment being sent;
- detailed descriptions of goods, including quantity;
- unit prices, full amount including freight and insurance costs (when applicable).
The invoice should also contain a signed clause confirming that the invoice details are true and correct and that no arrangement has been entered into affecting the price of the goods between the exporter and purchaser by way of discount, rebate, compensation, or in any manner other than what is shown on the invoice.
If the goods being shipped are eligible for preferential import duty rates then you should provide a combined Certificate of Value and Origin (C/VO) instead of the normal style invoice. (Combined Certificate of Value and Origin Form No. 744A or No. 529 A4 size, one-sided only, on the back of which invoices are printed). Packing List A packing list is recommended to assist Customs clearance containing marks, weights and dimensions and content details. No specific form is required though this should generally be in two copies.